Search This Blog

Thursday 4 August 2011

Spring Onion and Parmesan Potato Bake

Everyone has their own version of potato bake they prefer (eg. with sweet potato, with french onion soup, with sour cream etc.) and I just recently found mine. Its not a world beater but it has a solid flavour and is not swimming in cream. I really enjoy potato bake when other people make it with spring onion soup powder mixed in but I consider it for myself as cheating and I have been experimenting for an alternative with punch for a while. I plan on using this recipe or slight variations of it with my meals in future, hence why it is here.

1 kg potato peeled and sliced thinly
1 cup finely grated Parmesan (I use a microplane)
3 spring onions sliced thinly
Salt and pepper
150 - 200 ml cream thinned with a little water

Preheat an oven to 180C. Place to the potato into a large mixing bowl. Add in half of the Parmesan cheese, half of the spring onion and some salt and pepper, give it a bit of a toss and add the rest of the Parmesan, spring onion and some more salt and pepper and combine well. Pour the potato mixture into a suitably sized baking dish, jiggle about then pour the cream over the top. Bake for about 30 mins or until the top has some colour and the potato is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment