Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

Firstly, grown your own cherry tomatoes, they are the shiz and will save you heaps of money.

I was hesitant to try oven roasted tomatoes in the past as they sounded like 'poor mans semi dried tomatoes'. One of my mates convinced me otherwise when I told him I had an over abundance of fruit. I've even used capsicum. He told me to roast them just as they are with olive oil at about 90 C for a couple of hours. I roasted them at 130C and put stuff on them. Regardless, they are fantastic.

Use the tomatoes in antipasto, in pastas, on biscuits, through shanks, in omelette's and just about anywhere you want a sweet tomatoee hit. Use the oil in salad dressings, to finish cooked meat (eg chicken breast or pork chop) and to flavour butters/oil in the cooking process.

There are no measurements here, it will depend on how many tomatoes you have. Don't use too much balsamic or fresh herbs, just have enough for them to be in the background.

Cherry tomatoes halved
Fresh oregano and basil finely chopped
Garlic finely chopped
White Balsamic
Olive oil to coat
Olive oil to fill jars

Toss the ingredients and place on a baking paper lined roasting tray. Roast in the oven anywhere from 90 C to 130 C until collapsed and flavours have developed (45mins to an hour). Remove from tray and place into jars topped up with olive oil, scraping every bit of mischief in.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment